Your mother has just died and you are Executor. Here are some of the things you must do.
1. Safeguard her property – this includes taking an inventory and making sure that everything is insured.
2. Gain control of her property – this would usually involve both physical control and legal control. Physical control means hands on control and legal control means taking out a Grant of Probate.
3. Making sure that each person entitled under her will receives the property to which he or she is entitled.
4. Paying her debts and taxes. These include things which you might not even be aware of, such as Local Property Tax and Non Principal Private Residence Tax.
5. Accounting to the people entitled under her will for every cent of the property to which they are entitled.
If you need help being an Executor, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org, use the call button, phone 014545138 or use the Contact Form.